Thursday, 6 October 2011

First Few days

A lot has happened so I will share a few highlights:

On my first proper evening I went to a monthly "musical sing along" event with most of the other volunteers from lots of different organisations, as you could guess most were women, in fact all were women apart from me and Tom (my boss).  We watched the film Oklahoma, which although this phrase my be overused, was one of the worst things I have ever seen. This sort of hell happens when you leave groups of women on their own in a foreign land for a long period of time, they went mental about singing, it was quite surreal. But it was good to meet some other people.

Tom gave me a whistle stop tour of Gitarama. Suprises: they have a basketball court, not quite like one in England, but hopefully I will be able to have a game there once or twice. There is a half decent supermarket, that sells lots of things. It is quite a safe place, so I walk around on my own all the time without worrying, apparently :s .

So far, I have ended up having two tasty dinners cooked for me, and I think I am going to a restaurant tomorrow, so I just have to survive on stale bread till them. Need to get myself into a routine, which i will endeavour to do at the start of next week. Thanks for reading, well done if you got this far :)

No comments:

Post a Comment